With the increase in usage of internet in day to day life, the need for better connectivity is increasing as well, as most of the good performing devices also fall low when it comes to their functionality with an internet connection say it’s from mobile data or through Wi-Fi. And so we have been seeing an upgrade in the WiFi standards from Wi-Fi 4 to Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) to Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) which is the latest 6GHz band by FCC approval. Qualcomm took its first step in making Wi-Fi 6E ready modems, a flagship portfolio of mobile connectivity systems with their all-new Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 and 6700 which are said to be built from scratch.
Wi-Fi 6E brings the fastest ever wifi speeds (up to 3.6Gbps) with their spectrum increased to 1200MHz, which is three times more than the existing one which is only 400MHz and alongside we also have advancements in Bluetooth and AR/VR technology with an improved latency mode for an immersive audio experience which we all will surely get to see in 2021 in the next successors of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 and 765 series SoC’s and WiFi router’s as well.
Not just a bump in spectrum speed, the new FastConnect modem chips also come with Bluetooth 5.2 support and support Dual Bluetooth Antenna configurations to signal shadowing issues and therefore bring unparalleled Bluetooth reliability and range. With an improved latency mode, users can have immersive gaming experience with audio that can go up to 96kHZ which will help the TWS earphones to deliver the same sound experience as seen in wired headsets. Not only that, but it’s also engineered with emerging LE Audio experiences such as multi-point audio sharing and broadcast audio, enabling multiple audio connections simultaneously.
Qualcomm states that both “the new modems provide power savings due to less channel congestion and improved scheduling. The 14nm process node, when combined with “advanced power management architecture”, provides up to 50% improvement in power efficiency when compared to previous generation solutions.”
Here are few features in brief, on the advancements we get with next-gen Wi-Fi 6E technology, as stated by Qualcomm
• It increases the WiFi spectrum to 12000MHz, thrice the present capacity to provide faster internet connectivity.
• Dualband 160MHz supports up to seven additional non-overlapping channels in the 6GHz band, in addition to 160MHz channels available in the 5 GHz band.
• The FastConnect systems deploy high-performance Uplink / Downlink MU-MIMO and OFDMA mobile technologies across all available bands.
• New Wi-Fi 6 Uplink MU-MIMO capability increases network capacity by more than 2.5x.
• Fastest Wi-Fi speeds with up to 3.Gbps on a mobile device
• Improvised Low Latency for immersive audio experience during gaming
• A huge 50% improvement in power efficiency when compared with its predecessors with the “advanced power management architecture” together with a 14nm process node.
• Enhanced Audio with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 With Dual Antenna Configuration to bring unparalleled reliability and range.